TCHF Alternating current heater
It is possible to heat an optical vapor cell using a high frequency alternating current without affecting the performance of the atoms. With frequency up to 500 kHz, this heater minimizes the angular perturbation of atomic spins.
- Voltage: ±40 V
- Current compliance: ±1 A
- Frequency: 10-500 kHz
- Temperature measurement: configurable for RTD or thermistor
- Temperature controller (proportional and integral control)
- Capacitatively coulped output; zero DC current
- 1U rack mount
- USB port
- SSD control port
- 120-240 VAC input
- Software support
When changing the temperature sensor, it is necessary to specify a reference resistance and reference temperature using the following commands:
- Specify the sensor type using
therm.sensor.type(1: RTD, 2: NTC thermistor).
- Set the sensor temperature coefficient using
therm.sensor.coef, which may be ⍺ = 0.003850 for platinum RTDs or β = 3250 for NTC thermistors obeying the Steinhart–Hart equation.
- Set the sensor reference resistance
- Set the sensor reference temperature
therm.sensor.T0in degrees C if different from 20 C.
Firmware update: TCHF-R5-firmware-2019-10-01-10a4cf.bin
- TCHF, $2450.