MS-2 Magnetic shield
The MS-2 magnetic shield is the ideal system for precision magnetic field control. It provides multilayer high permeability metal shielding to reduce the ambient magnetic noise, and has an internal field coil system to precisely control the magnetic field in the center of the shielded volume.
- Magnetic shield getting started.
- Magnetic shield frequency asked questions.
- Magnetic shield degaussing user guide.
- Four-layer magnetic shield
- Shielding factor: 10⁶
- Magnetic noise: 10 fT/Hz1/2
- Precision magnetic field coil system
- Design for high axial Z field uniformity
- Maximum coil current: 1 A
- Internal 3-axis magnetic field coil
- X/Y coil calibration: 0.576 G/A = 57.6 nT/mA
- Z coil calibration: 1.05 G/A = 105 nT/mA
- Internal gradient field coils
- dZ/dz, dZ/dy, dZ/dx, dY/dx, dY/dy
- Internal Z-axis second order d²Z/dz² gradient coil
- Large, ⌀46 mm axial hole
- Internal stage with breadboard hole pattern
- Access holes on body: ⌀18 mm, 24 positions
- Mass: 27 kg
- Field coil: SMA
- Thorlabs 30 mm cage mounts (3)