VMR Magnetoresistive Vector Magnetometer
VMR is a convenient and cost effective means for measuring the vector magnetic field. It is particularly useful for measurements with nanotesla precision, and while it has excellent stability it does not feature high accuracy. Due to its low drift, reliable sub-nT resolution is achievable with averaging or using the built-in filters. It may be used to compensate for heading errors in precision optical magnetometers. Multiple sensors can be synchronized using synchronization units such as SYNC2, SYNC4, and SYNC7.
- 3 axis magnetoresistive sensor
- Sensitivity: 300 pT/Hz1/2
- Field range: ±1 G (nonlinear to ±2 G)
- 200 Hz simultaneous sampling
- Gyroscope and accelerometer (MEMS)
- Barometric pressure sensor (MEMS)
- 0.2 m altitude resolution
- Power: 450 mW
- Volume: 80×17×17 mm³
- Mass: 40 g
- Serial data output
- RJ-45 8p8c connector: Power, Ground, TX, RX, SYNC+, SYNC–
- RS-485 signaling
- Serial rate 115200 baud
- USB-C (FTDI) adapter standard
- Software support
Firmware update: VMR-R11-firmware-2019-12-10-6923ec.bin
2019-12-10/6923ecchanges default output data rate to 20 Hz.
2019-12-10/6923ecaddresses metadata distribution at synchronization start.