MS-1LF Ferrite Magnetic Shield
The MS-1LF magnetic shield provides the lowest available room temperature magnetic noise environment for ultra-precision magnetic field test and measurement. It provides multilayer high permeability metal shielding to reduce the ambient magnetic noise, an internal ferrite shielding layer, and has an internal field coil system to precisely control the magnetic field in the center of the shielded volume.
- Magnetic shield getting started.
- MS-1LF Instructions
- Magnetic shield frequency asked questions.
- Magnetic shield degaussing user guide.
- Four-layer magnetic shield
- Inner ferrite layer for low magnetic noise
- Shielding factor: 10⁶
- Magnetic noise: 1 fT/Hz1/2
- Precision magnetic field coil system
- Design for high axial Z field uniformity
- Maximum coil current: 1 A
- Internal 3-axis magnetic field coil
- X/Y coil calibration: 0.6 G/A = 69 nT/mA
- Z coil calibration: 1.3 G/A = 130 nT/mA
- Internal gradient field coils
- dZ/dz: 4.02 nT/cm/mA
- dZ/dy: 3.55 nT/cm/mA
- dZ/dx: 3.55 nT/cm/mA
- dY/dx: 4.24 nT/cm/mA
- dY/dy: 5.18 nT/cm/mA
- Internal Z-axis second order gradient coil
- d²Z/dz²: 1.06 nT/cm²/mA
- Axial hole: 30 mm dia.
- Access holes: 15 mm dia., 8 radial
- Internal stage with breadboard hole pattern
- Mass: 12 kg
- Field coil: SMA connectors
- Thorlabs 30 mm cage mounts (3)